Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bums

There's one sight that's more common than almost any other on campus, and, surprisingly, it's not nasty hair. No, what I see more often than not is people passed out on sundry objects, such as the floor, couches, benches, chairs, the lawn, etc.

Walking through campus is kind of like this:





Hey, who needs to go to a big city like New York or LA when you can see sad sights like this in your own backcampus?

I admit, though, that I have on occasion succumbed to slumber on campus. Most notably the benches in the JSB. One day I woke up to a text from my bestie, Kaitlynn, asking what I was doing.

Me: Uh, just woke up from a nap.

Kaitlynn: In your apartment? Don't you have class soon?

Me: Uh....on a bench.

Kaitlynn: What the heck? They let you do that?

Me: I guess so. There are people sleeping all over campus.

Kaitlynn: Man, BYU is like the home of the legalized bums.



After seeing these pictures I stole from Seen @BYU on Facebook, I'm sure you'll be compelled to agree.










I know sleep is supposedly hard to come by as a college student, but some of these are just ridiculous. I just might have to start carrying Police Crime Scene tape around.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Ah, so true. I admit I have been one to sleep on a bench in the Spori building at BYU-I. Sometimes you're just exhausted and home is too far away.

The Village of Randomity said...

Those benches are pretty comfy in the Spori Bran! And Becca, those pics are pretty awesome- it's true that some of those people have the appearance of being dead. PS- Sleeping on the grass in front of the Hinckley up here, while it is still warm, is amazing :)