Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weird

I had this best friend from 2nd to 7th grade who I was really close to. Seriously, we would do everything together. Her family was pretty much my second family for five years. I know them as well as I know my own; what they like, what they hate, which hand is their strongest, and their inside jokes. We went to volleyball camp in Idaho together, went to the release party of HP 5, went to the premiere of HP 2 (the movie), and played Star Wars, Quidditch, Lord of the Rings, and sundry other pretend games.

In 7th grade, we sort of drifted. And by sort of, I mean really. I stopped seeing her. Period. Ever. I haven't seen her in person for like five years now.

So now we're "friends" on Facebook and it's weird. I wrote on her wall, but I wasn't even sure what to say...

How can two people who were so close for five years suddenly have nothing to talk about?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I know - it's TOTALLY weird. Going to Westland and then West Jordan Middle and High School does weird things to your friends you acquired in elementary school. Or to Paradigm...;)Give it time - I'm sure things will warm up and you'll find things to say. I know I did. Having been such good friends for so long IS good for something and you'll find that soon.