Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday musings

I love Sundays. They really help me refocus on what's really important; the Gospel and my Savior.

Today is just gorgeous. The sun is shining and the grass is starting to get greener. Tres tres belle. Of course, the inversion will probably be back after the next big snowstorm, but hey, why dwell on the nasty gloom? I'd rather enjoy the sun while I can.

In no particular order, I am going to jot down things that are on my mind right now:

-Pie. I'm making pie for dessert tonight (apple and cherry; *drools*).

-Sydney White. It's a Snow White spin off starring Amanda Bynes, and the main message is "Be a dork. Be yourself." I was thinking how some people actually hide who they are in order to "fit in," and my mind absolutely explodes. I can't ever imagine changing who I am to feel accepted. Why join someone else's group? Be the leader; start your own. If you're comfortable with who you are, there's no reason why you should change that.

-If you want to keep something on the DL, don't tell anyone. Shocking, I know, but I somehow imagined that if I told my mum and my best friends that it would stay quiet. But I told my mum, who told her friend, who just so happens to be one of my friends, who asked me about it in YW today when everyone else could hear.

"It" is not that bad. I'm not going to rehab or anything; quite the contrary, I finally got asked on a date. But man-o-man, has the news spread like a salmonella poisoning. And my date, Austin Wrathall, asked the other day why I hadn't blogged about it. Clearly he hasn't read this post, where I vowed never to blog about dating ever again. But since freaking everyone already knows, I might as blog it now.

Long story short is he was going to double with me and my date (although where the heck I'd scrape up a date is beyond me), but then the chick he asked said no, so Jaimi told him to ask me already and get it over with. So we're going to go to the Training Table and Barnes & Noble this Saturday and have a jolly time of it.

-Brooke gave me this awesome headscarf thing for Christmas, and I really love wearing it. I feel so Jewish/Bohemian.

That's all I'm going to write because Seth will have a cow if I don't get off this very second. Gut shabes!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm glad I could help you connect with your Jewish side. Everyone needs that. :) I'm also excited for you to go on a date. And no you couldn't have kept that a secret. For pete sake when you actually went on the date would you lie about where you were going? I guess Brandon would always say he was going devil worshipping...

Brandon said...

Ha right... I went on around 5 dates my entire high school career, and four of those were girl's choice dances. I don't remember telling anyone I was going devil worshiping on those occasions.

Going to a friend's house, however, is a different story. I used that line more than once in response to the question, "What will you be doing there?"

Becca- so who leaked your secret? I need to know if it was Mom so I can never trust her again. :)

Becca said...

Brandon- Well, mum leaked it to Lisa Page, but then Kayla leaked it to Brooke, who leaked it to Amy.

Amy said...

First off, why the freak-heck-face did I NOT come to Sunday dinner when you made pie?

Number B - let me give you a little lesson on everyone else in teenage world - they're NOT comfortable with who they are, unlike marvelous, stable you.

Crap! We need to talk...I promise not to tell anyone else.