Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Am I crazy?

I was minding my own business driving to school on Tuesday when I noticed a red Dodge on the side of the road. Now, due to the fact that I may or may not have an unquantifiable fetish for red trucks, I took a closer look as I passed. And whaddya know! It's for sale! $1,800 is kind of out of my price range, but that's really good for a truck in that condition.

I also have this problem that once I get an idea in my head, it's super hard to get me to think of anything else. I obsessively clamp onto the weirdest things. Like the foreign exchange student idea. Or the cell phone idea. Or the Paradigm idea.

So I've been Craigslisting, eBaying, and KSL-classifieds-ing trucks all afternoon long. There's this 1970 Ford F250 going for $600 (cream-colored and the perfect twin for Jaimi's '75 Ford. His name is Gus).


Ooooor there's this '96 Ford F250 (forest green and has cab space) going for $1,200-ish.

Haven't decided yet, but I'm on the cusp of a life-altering choice. Truuuuuuuucks.....

Yes, they're gas guzzlers, and no, they're not environmentally healthy...but tell me you don't feel like drooling every time you see a big ol' truck. Especially if there's a cowboy involved...

...

*delighted shivers*

2 comments:

Brooke said...

WHO ARE YOU???!!!?? You like trucks- and COWBOYS! I am kind of ashamed you're my sister- but whatev- I guess you can have a weird obsessive truck lovin' cowboy trait and still get into heaven. It's true though trucks are huge gas guzzlers- and right now that's not as much an issue but this summer when it hits like $6.00 a gallon- it will be- so put such horrid thoughts out of your mind. I still love you by the way, and I'll still talk to you in case you were worried.

Becky said...

Yes you are crazy