Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No day but today

So, I'm over my whole "wanting to curl up and sleep for eternity" thing. And today I am grateful for a lot of things.

Blueberry pie---man oh man. My YW leader Missy made me one today and it is, honest to goodness, the best thing I have eaten in a while. *drools slightly*

[Pie tangent: pie may just be the best creation on the face of the planet. Air? Pssht. Water? Meh. It's okay. But pie is one of life's essentials. The chocolate ones are okay, but the best pies are the fruit ones. Especially cherry and rhubarb (is that a fruit?) and BLUEBERRY!]

Anyway, I'm grateful for double doses of Zoloft.

Not being interested in anyone right now. It really makes my life simpler.

My little Sansa music player. Thank heavens for it during long work hours. I hate listening to the radio because the only kind of music I generally listen to is Broadway, and we don't have Broadway station here.

My creative writing class. I learned the coolest thing today. In England back when women couldn't vote or own land, they could get off a murder charge if they killed someone during their PMS cycle. Is that not the coolest thing ever?!?! I said as much to the teacher, and she asked if I'd trade in my rights to land and voting to be able to kill people when I was on my cycle without fear of punishment. Helloooo! Who wouldn't?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand Idina quotes and interviews. Some of my favorites:

"Sometimes you don't know how you're going to make it through and you need some Twizzlers."

"Well, I'm a person who comes from musical theatre and it's constantly people going 'I like your show but I don't normally like musicals' and I wanna be like 'why can't we all get back to the time where once you've said everything you want to say and you still have all this emotion you just can't help but burst into song?' It's a beautiful thing, you know? It's like singing in the rain! They do it in the shower! Everybody does it!! It's just I do it for a living..."

1 comment:

Amy said...

Old timey England understood women. Bless their old, dead souls. And I heart Idina still.