Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hopefully a vision of the future.

I thought this dream was stinking hilarious (I woke up laughing; how often does that happen?), but maybe it's just a product of me being psychotic.

So it was normal in the sense that I was everywhere all at once and people kept changing personalities. But somehow I ended up in a show with Idina Menzel. (Wooot!) We were both in the chorus with this annoying moron named Ryan who was in my SBfSB cast who thinks he's more important/smart than he is. He had the nerve to pretend he was the director and would tell everyone what to do and how to do it. Mostly I just wanted to punch him in the face, but he usually ended up being embarrassed by a much more experienced person than himself.

Anyway, we were doing some sort of mob scene and Idina and I were discussing our approach. Ryan came up and was trying to explain what we should do.

"Yeah," he said arrogantly, "it should be really angry."

I rolled my eyes. "Sort of like the 'March of the Witch Hunters'?"

"Yeah! Like that!" He turned to Idina. "Have you seen Wicked?"

Idina and I just looked at each other and busted up laughing.

And then I woke up and had to pick Seth up from basketball practice, but I've been replaying it in my head all day. Man-o-man, what kind of moron do you have to be to ask an actress if she's seen a show she starred in? And the funny thing is, he'd totally do something like that. I just hope that, in that circumstance, Idina would let me help her cut him down with sarcastic jibes up the wazoo. You know like,

"Wait, is that the show with about the flamer?" (Me)

"No, that's The Boy from Oz. I think it's the one about the green chick. You know, the one that starred Kristin Chenoweth in the original cast." (Idina)

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Didn't the green chick win a Tony for her performance?"

"I think so. What was her name?"

"I dunno. It kinda sounds like your name, Idina, doesn't it?"

And at this point, the moron would realize we were mocking the everloving stupidity out of him, we would laugh, and then we'd finish rehearsing our scene while he cried in the bathroom. It would be a good day on Broadway.


In other news, I'm missing two of my best friends; one is in Illinois until school starts, the other one has dropped off the face of the earth and I'm not sure if it's my fault or not...

No comments: