Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Memories

I've actually been planning to blog this for a few days now, but every dang time I sit down to blog, someone or other always comes along and kicks me off the computer. Like now. My dad just came in and told me to come "interact" with the family. Uh.... okay... I'm off for a little interaction break...

*insert chintzy Christmas muzak here*

Yes, well, this is going to have to be fast coz they're gonna kick me off again in 10 minutes.

It's that magical time of the year, in case, like myself, you haven't noticed. I was driving to school one morning and a DJ said something about there only being so many shopping days til Christmas and I shouted,

"Como se WHAT?! It's December? Since when?!"

And another reminder from my little brother happened while we were at the dinner table. My oldest little brother was saying something about someone stalking him and Micah exclaimed,

"What's stalking? Where's MY stocking?!"

Hee hee. These flavors of the season got me thinking about other memorable Christmas moments. There was the year where a neighbor made us a Nativity scene out of white chocolate. When it came time to eat it around New Year's, we ate the sheep and camels and Wise Men and shepherds with relish. However, when it dwindled down to Joseph, Mary, and the baby Jesus, no one was comfortable enough with their standing in heaven to eat them. I think I finally braved Mary, but we threw Jesus away because we'd rather not eat the Savior of all mankind.

Further moments in future installments; now I should probably go write my Great Ideas paper or read some Agatha Christie.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I didn't know about that nativity eating experience! Man I miss out on so much living away from home! But don't get me wrong, I don't think you would want me still living there. Thanks for keeping me informed with your blogging abilities. I feel better connected already.

Amy said...

Oh, good. I'm not the only one with NO clue about the whole Nativity-eating thing. One of my favorite quotes EVER: "...we'd rather not eat the Savior of all mankind." I tried to not laugh too loud - but I only semi-succeeded...

Mandi said...

I dimly remember helping eat that nativity. It was all Scott's fault.

Becky said...

HAHA I love Becca family stories. They are awesome. Although I have not eaten white chocolate with relish...