Monday, November 24, 2008

Para Mi Amiga Blanca

I really should start blogging more often, especially since my awesome white friend Korinne loves reading the nonsense I crank out. (No slight on your taste, deary.)I always have a hard time thinking of what to write...

Today's sale's pitch is called "Why Becca Would Like a Cell Phone for Christmas": (Korinne is also a big advocate of this movement)

1)Mom and Dad, I know that you say I can use your cell phone at any time, but lately I've been using it more than you've used it in the past three years. :)

2) Korinne wants to have almost unlimited access to me when we need to vent about stupid people.

3) Brandon and Mandi can add me to their family line for only $10 a month; money is not a problemo for me, especially since I can fill up the Green Vomit for less than 20 bucks every two and a half week. Hoo hoo!

4) My stupid car got another flat tire today (second time in a month! ARGH!) and I had to use a freshman's phone to let my parents know my stupid tire wouldn't come off. Also, I had to use someone else's phone to call them after rehearsal today and when they called back, I'd already left.

5)My parents would be able to take it if they thought I was abusing it, and I would put up no resistance at all.

6) Why not?

Thoughts, comments, rebuttals?

In other news, I broke down and saw Twilight on Saturday (yes, Korinne had me read the books, and yes, it was Korinne who invited me to see it). I liked it! I went in with way way way way way WAY low expectations and came out happy. I liked Bella a lot more in the movie more than in the book, thank heavens. I'm even going to see it again this weekend with Jaimi. My only complaint was that when Edward went into the sunlight and was supposed to sparkle like diamonds, he merely glistened like glitter. Hee hee...




However, my approval of the movie does not prohibit me from posting this awesomepants spoof I found on YouTube. I busted a gut laughing at this thing. I hope you enjoy it as well.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Honestly, I don't think laying out your arguments like that is going to work. You are going to have to try a different strategy.

Try holding your breath, I heard that works quite well in your family :)