Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Jonah Day

Whoosh. Do you ever have one of those days where you could literally kill every annoying/inconvenient/stupid person you encounter? Anne Shirley calls those days "Jonah days."

I call them "I want to kill every annoying/inconvenient/stupid person who has the misfourtune to cross my path" days. (or IWtKEAISPwhtMtCmP for short)

Usually it's just my little brothers. They have this innate ability to get juuuust under my skin without actually breaking any house rules. Thus, when I punch them for being annoying, I'm the one who gets busted.

But today it was nearly every customer who darkened our door. Okay, that's not true. It's time to be rational, Becca. It was just the ones who dropped off more than 5 items of clothing. And the morons who had the audacity to come drop off 16 items of clothing 15 minutes before closing.

I'm usually okay with those morons, but when they all get together and decide that they're all gonna visit within minutes of each other, that's when I think it's about time to bust out the spike strips.

*sighs* I need a way to get rid of all of this irrational anger. Any suggestions?



PS- Is it technically lying when people ask you how you're doing and you say "good," even when you'd like to slit their tires?

4 comments:

Mandi said...

I think you need to have a session of Wii boxing. Very therapeutic.

Becky said...

Becca-how are you doing? (hehe you can't slash my tires) They actually have a radio station here that has a show called Tuesday Tirades. From 5-6pm you can call and yell, rant, complain about anything you want. I LOVE to listen to it because it makes me realize my problems are nothing compared to the people are calling in.

Brooke said...

I think you need to come down and visit me and have a little Jack time. That will diffuse your anger about everything going on in your life, and be fun for me and you and Eric as well. Sure love you, even in your tirades.
P.S. Wii Boxing is great- except you never actually get to hit anything, so maybe hang a pillow up from the ceiling and hit it over and over repeatedly.

Brandon said...

I think it's a white lie.

Now as to whether those are okay or not, you'll have to decide on your own.