Friday, September 19, 2008

Another Audition

At the command of my older brother, I'm blogging about my audition/callback experience for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

Despite my previous, ignorant hatred of the show, I decided to audition. I mean, it's not like I'm going to get any other chances any time soon, right? So I went and sang "Forget about the Boy" for Mrs. Steinmann and Mr. Macy (both amazing individuals).

I should explain that at auditions I either completely suck up the floor or totally rock. I totally rocked, if I may be so humble. Mr. Macy even told so me afterward. :) I rocked the high notes that I usually can't hit decently. Adrenaline pulsed through my body and added emotion I didn't even knew I had.

It was a good audition.

I got callbacks, as you can obviously tell from the top paragraph, and I went today from 3 to 5:30. I don't want to give my honest opinion so I don't jinx myself, but let's just say that I feel very very very very very good about my whole performance (especially in regard to some of the others). But that's all I'm going to say about that.

Anyway, I'm over my hatred of the show. As I've learned more about it, it's become more and more palatable to me. Especially since Milly has to civilize six brutes. I mean, hey, I do that every day with my little savage brothers!

The cast list is going to be posted on Tuesday. I'll letcha know what happens.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

So exciting! I'm glad you went, and so happy that your audition was a good one. Isn't it the best feeling when you walk off the stage knowing that you wowwed everyone in the room? *sigh*

Yeah, I had to get over hating the show, myself, when we did it at Starlight. I grew up watching the movie and always thought the Millie on there was too chirpy and annoying. Then we did it and it was a really fun show, especially as a break from My Fair Lady (which is great, don't get me wrong, just not as fun). Then I started hating Brides all over again, because let's be honest, after 2-and-a-half months of a show, no matter what it is, you start hating it.

So, after all the above nonsense, I hope the casting directors give you a lovely part and that you have a smashing good time playing it (and hopefully we can come see you)!