Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hell hath no fury...

My summer's been a wee bit dull. However, that's not the reason it's taken so long for me to post something. If I could describe myself in a word, it would be "lazy." I've had plenty of time to think of something clever or inspiring; I just haven't done it. Lots of things have happened that I could have written about; I just...didn't.

So it figures that it would take some real riling up to get me motivated. Today's rant, boys and girls, is brought to you by the letter "S," Johnson and Johnson (a family corporation), horny boys everywhere, and the Arthur Vining Davis foundation.

Maybe I'm being too harsh because I haven't been in the mind of a teenage boy. (By the way, I'm not condemning all teenage boys in this rant; just the ones who are morons. ) I suppose I'll never understand "locker room talk" or anything. I'm actually been okay with the way some boys talk about girls as long as it doesn't impact me or one of my friends.

Oh, but now that it has, I am about ready to bust some heads. You know the verse "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"? Well, in my book there's one that says, "Hell hath no fury like one whose friend's virtue has been questioned by a moronic hormonal teenage boy." I haven't been this furious in a while.

I'm not going to post the whole story; just know that someone I'm close to has been insulted and hurt in the lowest degree by a smear of scum who has the impertinence to call itself "human." I've been talking to him, and he's been trying to tell me that it's just a big misunderstanding and arguing his case to me. And now I have a little insight into his mind.

I feel sorry for him. Sorry that he's ruined his chances with such a wonderful girl, as well as with anyone who's heard the story. Sorry that he couldn't distinguish between fantasy and reality. Sorry that he's giving the other boys his age a bad name because he couldn't control his hormones.

But most of all I'm sorry because he's going to get lynched by an angry mob of girls if he doesn't watch his back.

No comments: