Sunday, January 13, 2008

So sick of elections

I don't know about everyone else out there, but I was sick of the elections way back a year ago when everyone started talking about potential candidates. I was sick of the elections during the summer when I heard about potential candidates raising money all over the nation. And MAN am I sick of the elections now.

I realize that the right to elect our president is a sacred right and duty that our founding fathers treasured with all their hearts. Heck, they fought a whole war based on not being properly represented. However, I think that, if they could come back and watch an election (and the few years before it that psyche it up), they would be a little disgusted.

I am so very sick of all the name calling that goes on. That's one of the things that I don't really like about politics. Parents usually teach their kids (or should teach their kids) to not call other kids names. All that teaching seems to be thrown out the window when the children grow up. Politicians are forever calling the other party names, and adults are apt to verbally abuse anyone who doesn't hold the same views as them.

And it's not like you only hear about these things if you keep up on politics. You get bombarded with it no matter what. It's on the radio (not just news stations, either), in the newspaper (in the comics; thanks, guys), on TV, and on the Internet (my blog included). It's everywhere.

Anyway, I'm tired of hearing what people think of Mitt Romney. I've heard both sides of it. "I'm not voting for him because he's a Mormon!" from people who aren't Mormons. "I'm not voting for him because he's misrepresenting the Mormons!" from some of my Mormon friends (who can't vote yet, so I can't comprehend exactly why they care). For crying out loud, he's NOT representing the Mormons. If you don't like him, don't vote for him. It's not like you have to. There are plenty of other candidates to choose from. If you don't like Mitt, don't vote for him. If you don't like Hillary, don't vote for her. If you don't like Obama, don't vote for him.

But for heaven's sake, don't abuse them, either. Vote for whoever you think will do the best job, and leave the others alone.

No comments: