Saturday, January 19, 2008

Self-esteem serial killer

I don't really have anything important to write. Not really. I'm just reveling in the fact that I have nothing to do tonight. My friends begged me to go to a dance tonight. I told them that I'd rather have my eyes gouged out and my fingers chopped off.

It's not like I have anything against dances or being social or anything. On the contrary, I love people (most of the time) and love to be in big crowds (most of the time). It's just that boys my age are S T U P I D or shy. I never get asked to dance, which is okay with me, but I don't really like dancing in line dances or anything anyway. (Dancing in shows is acceptable.) So, in short, I never have any fun at dances that I couldn't have while I hang out at a friend's house.

And I don't support the dance scene, either. Think of many a nerdy Mia Maid who goes with timid expectations to be asked at least once, only to have this girlish fantasy mercilessly slaughtered by the fact that most boys are only interested in the girls that are already taken or too scared to bestir themselves from beside the refreshment table.

Think of many an oblivious teacher who waits in vain for a someone to come ask him, without realizing that it's his freakin' duty to get over himself and, for goodness' sake, go ask somebody.

(*A side note: I don't hold anything against boys being shy, but they make no sense. They don't want to go ask anyone; however, if an outgoing, or, say, "different," girl comes and asks them, they either act intimidated or embarrassed. Heaven's sake, if you don't want to be there, DON'T GO.)

Therefore, I choose not to go. Instead, I like to spend time for myself, writing on my blog and listening to show tunes.

Now, if you'll pardon me, I'm going to go hide out in my room and sing along to Spamalot.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

If there's one thing I need you to remember learning from your brother Brandon, it's that boys are stupid.

Always.

There are exceptions, but by and large the males of our species are unfathomably dumb.

Amy said...

Ah, the number one lesson our dear brother teaches us. They do get better at hiding their stupidity as they get older, though. Then ya gotta kinda watch out.

The Village of Randomity said...

Hey. I can think of 2 guys that posted a comment on this blog that aren't stupid. But thanks anyway Amy :) And it's not like girls are without their faults when they are in their teenager years. Bec, I'm just here for perspective.